With the recent reopening of our borders we plan to open for a Villa Only option from the 2nd August 2020 and the resort will open fully from the 10th October 2020. We can’t wait to look after you.
The safety and well-being of our clients has always been in the forefront of our minds. As a private, luxury boutique property, we have always offered our valued guests plenty of private space, whether in our villa style accommodations, on our secluded beach or in our tropical gardens. We also work with many authorities and travel partners who have stringent standards that we adhere to as a norm which would include Government regulations, independent mystery shopper stays and independent unannounced Health and Safety inspections.
That being said the times we are now living in require us to go even further to reassure and satisfy the “New Normal” of hospitality and travel and below are some of the measures that we are taking;
Social Distancing Protocols
• Reopening the hotel with reduced occupancy
• Repositioning and redesigning our public areas to provide maximum space and privacy
• Limiting transfers and excursions to a maximum of 5 people (or one family if greater) – including driver/guide
• New enhanced protocols for Spa services and more availability for in room treatments (at no additional cost)
• Maximizing table spacing in restaurants and lounger spacing on the beach
• Increasing private dining and in room dining without additional costs (tray charges)
Cleaning and Sanitizing Protocols
• Convenient and abundant sanitizing amenities throughout the hotel for guests and staff usage
• Flexibility for guests to advise when and how frequently they would like their accommodation serviced
• A daily “three point” check of cleaning and sanitizing of guest rooms and public areas
• An entire replacement and replenishment of all guest in-room amenities following each guest departure
• Use of PPE for all staff with spare facemasks in house for our guests
• Temperature checks of all staff and visitors daily
• House doctor on 24-hour call out
Pre Arrival to St Lucia
All visitors and returning citizens to Saint Lucia must complete a Pre-Arrival registration form prior to arrival. Visitors can go to www.stlucia.org and click on the COVID-19 page to find a link to the form. Visitors must fill out details including proof of negative PCR testing and indicate which COVID-19 Certified hotel they will be staying in.
We are very grateful and very much look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful boutique resort. We can well imagine that after your period of isolation (and all that goes with that experience) you are very much looking forward to your much needed vacation.
All returning Saint Lucia citizens and residents must also complete the Pre-Arrival registration form as above (www.stlucia.org ). On arrival, they are required to quarantine for 14 days at a pre-approved home quarantine address, Government operated quarantine facility or a COVID-19 certified property.
New Testing Protocols
- Pre-testing prior to travel is now mandatory. Visitors must provide a negative test result taken seven days or less before travel to Saint Lucia. This comes into effect from July 9, 2020 and will be reviewed after 30 days.
- All arriving passengers will be screened, including temperature checks, at the airport. Any symptomatic passengers will be isolated and tested. They will be required to remain in quarantine/isolation at their hotel or Government Operated Quarantine Facility until the test result is obtained. If the test is positive they will be transferred to a treatment facility until they receive two negative test results and are clinically stable.
- Passengers arriving with proof of a negative PCR test may be exempt from on-island testing and advance through immigration, baggage claim, customs and arrivals for transportation to their COVID-19 certified hotel, pre-approved home quarantine facility or Government Operated Quarantine Facility.
We are all very much looking forward to welcoming you to Cap Maison – it’s been a long time coming